There are now four versions of the flutomat calculator:
A version for 4-hole flutes
A version for 5-hole flutes
A version for 6-hole flutes
This version for 7-hole flutes
1. Select the units of measurement: centimeters or inches.
2. Enter the inside diameter and the thickness of the wall of your pipe/bamboo.
3. Select the scale and base (root) note you'd like from the pull-down lists at the bottom.
4. Enter the diameters of the finger holes you'd like and press the "Calculate" button.
5. Adjust the diameters of the finger holes until you get a workable spacing of the finger holes:
- Start from the bottom hole and work your way up.
- If a distance is reported as "NaN", try making that diameter smaller.